Monday, 19 May 2014

Gears Are In Motion

Gears are in motion, plans are being made. I've spoken to Sushila and Namche is out as there will be no reliable electricity for 3 months from the beginning of June. And I think Mustang would be too isolated for me to get reliable connectivity to work.

So, Pokhara/Annapurna is on the cards. I'd like to get a car and drive from Kathmandu. And we'll see how it goes but I wouldn't be averse to visiting Chitwan National Park if we have the time.

Sunday, 18 May 2014

Return to Nepal

That's it. I'm buying our flights to Nepal. Not sure if we'll go to Solo Khumbu or Pokhara (and thus Annapurna Circuit). We can decide that later, like when we're packing or on the flight. ;-)

I'll need to work while I'm there so I'll need access to electricity and connectivity. The connectivity aspect can be handled with my Nepali sims in phone and iPad (as those who regularly read this blog already know) but the summertime means monsoon season and this can and does cause landslides which tend to knock out the electrics.

Right then, tix are booked for outbound on 28/6 and back on 19/7.