Tuesday 17 May 2011

Extreme Photography

Still waiting for the details from the travel agent so instead, today I will talk about camera equipment.

I decided that I need a decent camera for this trip. The challenge is that:

1. I don't know much about photography
2. With the advent of digital technology, what I did know about photography has generally gone out of the window
3. I don't want to spend a fortune
4. The colder temperatures at altitude can affect equipment.

So with all of that in mind, I have ordered the Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR which should do the trick. I figure that this camera on automatic ought to beat my meagre abilities doing stuff on manual. Plus it has image stabilisation (very important on extreme zoom which you want when on top of  a ruddy great mountain), an optical zoom (instead of a crappy digital one), 360 panorama and video.

And to deal with the cold, I'll keep the batteries close to my skin when not in use so that they stay warm enough to use but the camera will stay in my backpack because temperature variations can cause condensation and ruin the camera.

No comments: