Saturday 30 July 2011

More Extreme Tech

So my insurance is finally stumping up and thus yesterday I went out with my Jessops vouchers to replace my camera. Although they sell the same exact camera that was stolen, I've decided to switch horses, so to speak, and instead got a Fujifilm XP. While it unfortunately only has a digital zoom and all that, it's a hardened camera recommended for extremes and is waterproof to 5m, shockproof, freezeproof to -10C and dustproof. Oh, and it has GPS. I also got a 16GB Extreme SD card to go with it. And I still have most of the vouchers left over to buy a "proper" camera when I get back.

I've also been shopping for a cheap watch with an altimeter. Cheap because, let's face it, costs have been escalating. I waltzed around central London yesterday checking all the shops but the cheapest I found was £175 and they went up drastically from there. No way. So this morning I did what I should have done in the first place and checked online and have now ordered a Casio. It seems to have all of the functions that I'll want but would it really kill them to make a ladies version? This is going to look utterly ridiculous on me. I haven't worn something so horribly ungainly since 1980.

And finally, I have ordered some OTG goggles. OTG means Over The Glasses and these will allow me to protect my eyes from glare, UVA/UVB/UVC, and wind while still wearing my prescription glasses. I'm gonna look a right nutter in them but at least I won't go snowblind.

No comments: