Monday 2 January 2012

Let it Snow!

I've just checked the forecast for this weekend and it looks perfect for the course in Scotland. It'll even be snowing on Saturday which will be good for the class and clear on Sunday which will be good for getting home!

I got all of my kit together over the weekend so that when I get home Thursday I can go through my checklist and pack. I had also wanted to get some maps today but didn't get the chance to go to the shops so I'll have to buy them when I'm up there. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get some other kit while I'm up there like a helmet, maybe a new sleeping bag. I've also got some YakTrax that I'm looking forward to testing out.

The other thing that I need to do is to sort out my insurance. The BMC offer a very reasonable annual policy that covers multiple trips up to 45 consecutive days for trekking worldwide and includes emergency medical evacuation for only £141/year. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Ooh, and I must charge my camera battery. I plan to take plenty of pics and blog from the course so expect a play-by-play over the weekend.

No comments: